YouTube will be the second-largest internet search engine on earth after Google and before Yahoo! Choose a YouTube channel Username that reflects your brand. Use this across all of your social media marketing, email signatures and marketing materials. Create content that contains your highest-converting keywords. This will help you stick out inside your niche, increase your inbound (back-links) and Page Rank (PR) of your site. Like any tool, it’s worth taking time to learn social video marketing in order to utilize it well to draw more business.
Top 10 Tips when creating your YouTube videos for business:
- Keywords inside TITLE
- Keywords inside DESCRIPTION is uber-important for SEO as well as a lot of well-written copy containing keywords (but no keyword-stuffing). Call-to-Action and Destination URL inside DESCRIPTION. Link in your Sales Page (convincer), subscription page or Order Now page, depending on desired results.
- Use as numerous Keywords in TAGS since you can, because these categories influence results.
- Insert ANNOTATIONS offering SEO-friendly keywords, call-to-action and URL.
- Use auto-CAPTIONS that adds text help hearing impaired and reinforces your message (if we hear, see and read information we retain it more accurately)
- Organise your videos into PLAYLISTS to make it easier to deal with and direct new clients to helpful categories, including by product type, niche topics, FAQs etc
- Link YouTube account for your Facebook so it automatically updates plus integrate your social media marketing accounts such as Twitter
- Build Exposure fast by posting video replies on other top-ranking videos inside your keyword niche. Send a hyperlink to the video out to your list, encouraging your list subscribers to rate and comment (request their feedback) to boost SEO.
- Build Back-links to rank higher. Add for your Blog, digg.com, delicious.com, Squidoo. Create an article describing the information of your video in Squidoo and use the recording inside article. Then submit Squidoo article to Web 2.0 sites. Put on other video sharing sites such as Screencast, Viddler, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google Video, Video.MSN.com
- Use the INSIGHT tab inside your YouTube channel to analyse viewer demographics etc
People search the world wide web to eat INFORMATION so make sure you share useful, valuable information. “Tell don’t sell” within your YouTube videos. Be authentic and humorous so that it’s interesting to view and share. Smile! Be a bit animated!
Think about your ideal viewer or target customer after which imagine you might be telling them (or a dear friend, if that enables you to feel much more comfortable in front of camera!) a story, example, useful facts, advice or offering insights. Record client testimonials. Record FAQs for customers.
Convert viewers into subscribers or sales by using a clear call to action including: trackable URLs, vouchers, promotional discount codes, telephone numbers and subscriber offers as types of the best way to generate tangible results from your YouTube videos. Research your niche on YouTube and Yahoo Answers to see the current dialogue around your niche / topic. Find those who already use/like your merchandise and start commenting on their own videos and engaging together.
Once you have got your YouTube channel online, start inviting your existing optin list to rate and have your subscribers to ‘like’ and leave comments in your videos, to improve likability and check ratings. Find the most-watched videos with your niche and put in a Video Comment… increases your contact with existing high number of traffic! Keep updating and releasing new videos and adding Video Comments weekly. Add your videos for a company blog, newsletters etc to hold increasing views and traffic.
Remember to always share plenty of free value, sharing advice, insights and demonstrating your expertise. YouTube, like the majority of e-marketing commitments, is all about turning strangers into friends and inspiring friends being customers.
Alexis Garnaut-Miller can be a Human Resources (HR) Consultant, Success Coach and workplace Health Expert. Founder of The Happiness Centre, leading London team of well-established natural health experts, happiness seminars and stress management training. Employee Wellbeing Services delivered onsite at London and UK workplaces.